Saturday, June 19, 2010

Memory #7: No. Way.

When I was a kid, I remember my asking my parents for a dog. I believe my dad said something like: "Uhhh... NO WAY." Then he proceeded to list every reason why: "They SMELL, they BARK, they make a mess, you have to wake up in the middle of the night to walk them..." And a cat? - well let's just say I had a better chance of getting a dog.
Years later, after I'd moved to Boston, I got Timmy - and well wouldn't you know he turned a new leaf. I never thought I'd see the day but this next image is almost directly from a photograph:
Today is his birthday- HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! And tomorrow is Father's Day - HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! And I'll be seeing you all in another life because after this post, he might just kill me :) 

10 comments:

  1. Don't you love old age - it really softens people up ^_^

    Ps. I want that cat! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally. Timmy is introduced! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very funny story and great illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. heheh thanks guys :)
    I'm sure my Dad is holding off on commenting until he thinks of something witty, right Dad? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this one. There's nothing as soft as dads with daughters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great illustrations :D which page do you use to add color to your images? :O

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks Jimena!
    I am keeping a sketchbook of pencil sketches, I scan those and color in Photoshop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha great post! Maybe you should get a cat for your dad! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha Welllll I don't want to push it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, so it’s time comment.
    Hmmm. Let’s see, chin is too big and I am/was cuter than that. But the illustrations/caricatures are really good.
    However, Mom gets “best mom ever” in the premier posting of the blog and dad basically gets “Father denies daughter pet because it’s a lot of work and smells”. I guess as #2 I will just have to try harder. But I am resilient and will survive this minor set-back to my ego. There are still many years to go and I’m sure there is some good in the pages of the sketchbook that will restore my rating to #1 (or at least a tie !!!)
    But, as always, nice job Renee, I continue to be your biggest fan.

    ReplyDelete