Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memory #4: KaBloom


The smell of flowers used to remind me of funerals...but until college when I needed a summer job. 

While I was working on my double portfolio (illustration/ graphic design), I also worked full time at a flower store. It started out as a summer job, then turned into a manager position. Without any formal training, I was arranging flowers for weddings, first dates, funerals...you name it. Imagine that. 

Eventually, the portfolio won and I had to leave my beloved flower store to pursue other dreams.  


 

3 comments:

  1. I love the fishbowl and the little detail on the sleeve...I guess it's all the small things you remember. I know I've said it before, but I LOVE every bit of this, so thank you for using your talent to illustrate these moments...your memories are my memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kell. It means so much to me that you're following along because you're right- we absolutely share the same memories. I'm dreaming up a new one for next week already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the detail in this one Renee! and cheers to collecting different and sometimes obscure talents along the way to your 30's ^_^

    ReplyDelete