Monday, July 19, 2010

Memory #14: Best Storms



We're experiencing a pretty flashy storm in Boston right now, and it reminded me of Lancaster weather. When the sky begins to turn black, you can see it creep toward you on the horizon. I know it's like that most everywhere, but Lancaster is completely pancake flat. The blackness rolls on forever.

After the clouds are done vomiting rain and the wind is through throwing punches, the sky turns a shy shade of pink. Embarrassed of the clouds throwing temper tantrums.

During this Boston storm, I imagined a cloud temper tantrum and let my pencil go free while I listened to the thunder. You should try it, highly recommended.

On another note, I am almost done with my posts about Lancaster, mostly because I am finding it extremely hard to remember being 20. :)

4 comments:

  1. Renee, I really love this blog/project idea. It reminds me a lot of my senior thesis project from college. Your future self will love you for doing this. I will be 29 in August... on the 29th, in fact. I am right there with you, chica. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristy, I hope you're right :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Renee, you are such a writer!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your illustrations! I also like reading about your experience in Lancaster... I've lived here for 6 years now. I do have to say, it's not pancake flat... go out west and then you'll see flat! We live on a hill here.

    ReplyDelete